Town of Kirkwood Senior Citizen’s Group
Kirkwood Fire Station
297 Main Street
Kirkwood, NY 13795
|Blanche Birtch, President
|Jeanie Ditch, Vice-President
|Linda Yonchuk, Secretary
|Jeanie Ditch & June Fedish, Trip Coordinator
|Ellie Grubham, Sunshine Committee
Scheduled Meetings: First Wednesday of each month, at Noon, at the Kirkwood Fire Station, Main Street, Kirkwood, unless otherwise noted.
The Purpose of the Senior Citizen Group is two-fold. The Group is a way for Senior Citizens to have social interactions within the community, as well as be involved in the community and its’ events. The group has scheduled bus trips, game days, bake sales, and much more.
- Meetings: Monthly meetings are held on the First Wednesday of each month at noon, at the Kirkwood Fire Station, Main Street, Kirkwood, unless otherwise noted. Everyone is asked to bring a covered dish, coffee and tea are provided. The meeting takes place after lunch, with Bingo to follow if anyone cares to stay.
- July meeting at 12 noon in Kirkwood Fire Station, Main Street, Kirkwood.
- October and November meetings are catered and will be at Elks Club at 12 noon.
- Bus Trips: Trips are usually 3 per year. Members pay for expenses for show tickets and meals, bus transportation is provided by the Town of Kirkwood. In some events bus trips are opened to the public after all members that would like to attend the trip have signed up.
- Any senior in the Town of Kirkwood can join. Membership fees are $15.00 per year. Unfortunately the group can only accept Town of Kirkwood residents at this time because of limited facilities.
Upcoming Events: Click Here for the 2024 detailed schedule.
A $20 NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED AT SIGNUP FOR ALL TRIPS. TRIPS MUST BE PAID IN FULL ONE (1) MONTH PRIOR TO THE TRIP DATE.
There will be a $5.00 fee for anyone that will be participating and is not a member.
Make CHECKS payable to “Kirkwood Senior” and mail to Kirkwood Seniors, P.O. Box 74, Kirkwood, NY 13795.
Payment of the balance due MUST be made at lease ONE MONTH PRIOR to the trip date. Payment will NOT be accepted the day of the trip.
Buses will leave from Schneider's at Five Mile Point Shopping Plaza. Please park away from the store so we do not interfere with customers. Please check the detailed schedule above for other pick-up locations available.
Questions/to make reservations, phone June Fedish 607-775-0293 or Jeannie Ditch 607-655-2685 (9 am - 6 pm).
All meetings are on the FIRST Wednesday of the month unless otherwise noted.
Wednesday, January 3rd - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Potluck and bring a dish to share
NOTE: Snow Days - If either SV or Windsor or both have declared a snow day, we will not meet that day but will met the following Wednesday.