Town of Kirkwood Senior Citizen’s Group
Kirkwood, NY 13795
|Shirley Dennison, Vice-President
|Sue Hayes, Secretary
|Nancy Rychlewski,Assistant Treasurer
|Blanch Birtch, Trip Coordinator
|Ellie Grubham, Sunshine Committee
Scheduled Meetings: First Wednesday of each month, at Noon, at the Kirkwood Fire Station, Main Street, Kirkwood, unless otherwise noted.
The Purpose of the Senior Citizen Group is two-fold. The Group is a way for Senior Citizens to have social interactions within the community, as well as be involved in the community and its’ events. The group has scheduled bus trips, game days, bake sales, and much more.
- Meetings: Monthly meetings are held on the First Wednesday of each month at noon, at the Kirkwood Fire Station, Main Street, Kirkwood, unless otherwise noted. Everyone is asked to bring a covered dish and place settings, coffee and tea are provided. The meeting takes place after lunch, with Bingo to follow if anyone cares to stay.
- July meeting at 12 noon in Kirkwood Fire Station, Main Street, Kirkwood.
- October and November meetings are catered and will be at Elks Club at 12 noon.
- Bus Trips: Trips are usually once a month. Members pay for expenses for show tickets and meals, bus transportation is provided by the Town of Kirkwood. In some events bus trips are opened to the public after all members that would like to attend the trip have signed up.
- Any senior in the Town of Kirkwood can join by contacting Nancy Rychlewski at 607-775–0868. Membership fees are $5.00 per year. Unfortunately the group can only accept Town of Kirkwood residents at this time because of limited facilities.
Upcoming Events: Click Here for the 2022 detailed schedule.
A $20 NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED AT SIGNUP FOR ALL TRIPS. TRIPS MUST BE PAID IN FULL ONE (1) MONTH PRIOR TO THE TRIP DATE.
||Silver Birches Resort/Flying Ivories
||$ 82.00 Members/$ 92.00 Non-Members
||Springside Inn and Merry-Go-Round Theater "State Fair"
||$ 124.00 Members/$ 134.00 Non-Members
||Corning Museum of Glass
||$ 94.00 Members/$ 104.00 Non-Members
||Villa Roma - October Fest
||$ 93.00 Members/$ 103.00 Non-Members
||Hunterton Hills, Christmas Show
||$ 127.00 Members/$ 137.00 Non-Members
There will be a $5.00 fee for anyone that will be participating and is not a member.
Make CHECKS payable to “Kirkwood Senior” and mail to Kirkwood Seniors, P.O. Box 74, Kirkwood, NY 13795.
Payment of the balance due MUST be made at lease ONE MONTH PRIOR to the trip date. Payment will NOT be accepted the day of the trip.
Buses will leave from Schneider's at Five Mile Point Shopping Plaza. Please park away from the store so we do not interfere with customers.
Questions/to make reservations, phone June Fedish 607-775-0293 or Jeannie Ditch 607-655-2685.
All meetings are on the FIRST Wednesday of the month unless otherwise noted.
January & February - NO Meetings
* Wednesday, March 9th - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Pizza & Salad - Members bring desserts - $5.00 *Note SECOND Wednesday due to Ash Wednesday on March 2nd
Wednesday, April 6th - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Soup and Sandwich - Members bring desserts - $5.00 - Members sign up to bring soup... Members bringing soup do not have to pay
Wednesday, May 4th - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Members - Covered dishes/potluck and desserts
Wednesday, June 1st - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Members - Covered dishes/potluck and desserts
Wednesday, July 6th - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Annual Club Picnic - $5.00 to cover hamburgers, hot dogs, and condiments - Members bring picnic sides and desserts
Wednesday, August 3rd - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Town Senior Picnic - All food supplied by Town - No charge
Wednesday, September 7th - Kirkwood Fire Station - 12 noon - Members - Covered dishes/potluck and desserts
Wednesday, October 5th - Annual Anniversary Celebration - *Time, location and format to be decided
Wednesday, November 2nd - Thanksgiving Meeting - * Elks Club - 12 noon - Cost to be determined - * Elks Club is tentatively reserved for November and December - We can discuss other options
Wednesday, December 7th - Christmas Meeting - *Elks Club - 12 noon - Cost to be determined - * Elks Club is tentatively reserved for November and December - We can discuss other options
Contact: President Linda Yonchuk - 607-775-1061
NOTE: Snow Days - If either SV or Windsor or both have declared a snow day, we will not meet.