Part-Time Financial Analyst
Under the Town Board's direction, the Financial Analyst performs responsible and specialized duties to complete varied financial activities, including Governmental accounting, financial reporting, budget preparation, forecasting, budget monitoring, debt management, oversight of Bookkeeper, cash management, special district unit assistance, and assistance to auditors if applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the operations of the Finance Department, including financial records, budgets, revenue forecasts, and ledger and account reconciliation; monitors operations for intended compliance with New York State Comptroller guidelines, Town policies and goals, and government accounting standards.
- Monitors the Town Bookkeeper activity noted through interim analysis and including periodic bank reconciliation review, assists department heads with budget feedback and alternatives for new or unanticipated items, assists with fine tuning the year end closing activity with a target to prepare and file the required Annual Update Document in Albany, NY within 90 days of subsequent year (unless extended.)
- Responsible for the development, coordination, monitoring, and control of the annual budget process; monitors expenditures as specified by the approved budget including formulation of budget adjustments; prepares periodic financial reports.
- Assists with annual (or program) audits if Town Board engages for those services; recommends internal accounting control procedures in the spirit of best practices and sound accounting principles.
- Advises on financial aspects of special projects that the Town Board may undertake.
- Reviews the General Ledger(s); assists with journal entries for Bookkeeper to post, identifies and corrects errors and inconsistencies in the ledger and reports including budget aspects, help identify revenue and expenditure trends.
- Reviews the revenue forecasts including water & sewer rent rates to customers and recommends rate adjustments as needed.
- Reviews status of existing and new PILOT agreements for budget planning and posting.
- Coordinates updates on behalf of Town Supervisor as to Tax Cap compliance on annual basis.
- The Town's current Financial Official will be available to train the selected candidate for a period of time.
Salary: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
The Town of Kirkwood is looking to fill Member vacancies on the Planning Board and the on the Zoning Board of Appeals. Kirkwood residents please send letter of interest indicating which Board you are interested in to the Kirkwood Town Board, 70 Crescent Drive, Kirkwood, NY 13795. Questions can be directed to the Supervisor’s Office, 607-775-1370.
Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Ad Hoc Members
The Town of Kirkwood is looking to fill Ad Hoc Member vacancies on the Planning Board and the on the Zoning Board of Appeals. Kirkwood residents please send letter of interest indicating which Board you are interested in to the Kirkwood Town Board, 70 Crescent Drive, Kirkwood, NY 13795. Questions can be directed to the Supervisor’s Office, 607-775-1370.